Real works of art for decorating a ground

Regardin these beatiful textil print designs, carpets boast a variety of almost infinite designs: Geometric, ethnic, classic etc …

In El Portalón we have gone a bit further by drawing on our historic floor. Our interior designer Estrella Salietti has opted for this original and practical format, creating a carpet painted in fuchsia tone and inspired by the old stables of the nineteenth century. Creating a transition area between our two main spaces, La Barra and the restaurant.

Vermouths of Padró & Co

The five new vermouths of Padró & Co. exceed 90 points in the new edition of the prestigious Peñín Guide


The Standard Vermuts & Co. are in luck. The prestigious ‘Guía Peñín’, has assessed with high scores the new launches of the Bràfim firm. (Tarragona). Among the five vermouths tasted for this new edition, the Soft Bitter Dorado obtains the highest score, with 93 points out of 100. The Rojo Reserva Especial has obtained 91 points. The three remaining vermouths (Red Classic, White Reserve and the spectacular Red Bitter) have achieved a score of 92.
For the preparation of this new edition of the Peñín de los Destilados and Coctelería Guide, which also includes the vermouth, this year a total of 180 vermouth references of different brands have been collected.
This new recognition is in addition to those already obtained by Padrón & Co .: as the Gold Vinari for its Reserva Blanco and the Gold Medal and Great Gold Medal for its Special Reserve and Red Classic, respectively, in the world competition of Brussels Spirits Selection.

Noticias

Litography with history

Litography: Arabic Baths in Barcelona (1839-1865)
Author: F.X. Parcerisa (1803-1875) / Lit. J. Donon
Origin/ Work: Barcelona / Recuerdos y Bellezas de España. Text of P.Piferrer (Catalonia)


The New Baths of Barcelona were a few medieval public baths located at the confluence of the present streets of La Boquería and Banys Nous, a short distance from El Portalón. Romanesque in style and with an Arab influence, they were used by Christians, Jews and Muslims. They were founded in 1160 and were in use until the end of the 15th century. They were a concession of the Count of Barcelona so no one else could build and operate such an installation. After its disappearance, the building was used as a stable or warehouse until it was demolished in 1834. At present four of its original columns have been preserved and are exhibited in the Museum of History of Barcelona. It is likely that parts of the original construction will be preserved in the foundations of the current building.